Workshop: How to Use Physical Resources
MISCHA GREULL (Zürcher Hochschule der Künste, Šveits)
11. oktoobril kell 15.30-17.30 A-404
12. oktoobril kell 11.00-13.00 A-403
Every day we use our body for various activities. Whether we perceive them as restful or stressful, restrictive or liberating depends on many factors. But we as musicians are particularly dependent on being able to use our bodies optimally during practice, rehearsals and concerts. The workshop therefore deals with various exercises that can be integrated into everyday life. These are easy to learn and have the goal to be able to practice our profession with more ease with a strong and flexible body. All exercises contain elements for strengthening as well as for stretching the muscles. This training can improve the posture and partly also reduce pain or even make it disappear. Some exercises and their effects are also found to be particularly useful by musicians during performing concerts. The guided exercises can be performed by anyone, they are individually adapted according to requirements.
The participants should wear convenient clothing and bring a towel and warm socks.
- Was born and raised in Switzerland and studied music in Switzerland and Germany;
- Has been principle horn in the Zürich Tonhalle Orchestra for more than 25 years;
- Performs regularly internationally as a soloist and chamber musician;
- Is professor at the Zürich University of the Arts ZHdK;
- Has taught at home and abroad (e.g. South Korea, Finland, Canada, USA, China);
- Studies also the music physiology since 2017.